Why Blender ?
MakePrintable Team created a plugin for the Blender Design Software, which is a professional free and open-source 3D computer graphics software. Blender Design is popular for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications, and video games.
To Download the Plugin please check the below instructions for different Operation Systems, MacOS and Windows:
- First you need to download the plugin file by clicking. MakePrintable Plugin
Extract the file.
- Open Blender, go to File and select User Preferences.
Select Add-ons tab.
- Click on Install from a file, select the downloaded file and click ok.
- Click on the checkbox at the right of the addon to activate it.
- After installing the plugin, load the model you need to fix.
- Click on “Misc” tab on the left of the screen and select MakePrintable:
- Now you can enter your MakePrintable user credentials , Fix Quality and Fix options.
- Click Ok, and your model will be extracted, compressed and uploaded to our servers for fixing.
- After uploading the model, a webpage will automatically open to preview the fix.
Watch this video for demonstration of how to install the plugin: